Software Development Engineer
What We Do
WE LOVE CAKE! Not that it is completely relevant, but we just needed to let you know. We also love our mission of fundamentally rebuilding the world of education. (Lots of companies say that. We mean it.)
Are you interested in drastically increasing learning outcomes for underserved students? Are you interested in working collaboratively and iteratively to solve difficult technological problems? Oh, and also, do you love cake? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then please read on!
Enlearn is seeking a Software Engineer who enjoys all portions of software creation, including design, prototype, implementation, optimization, deployment, and operation. Make a transformative impact on learning at scale by creating a research-based scalable platform that dynamically adjusts curricular content, personal incentive structures, scaffolds, and learning progressions to uniquely fit any student learning any content in any learning environment (classroom, tutoring, individual). Enlearn brings the latest work in program synthesis, machine learning, and big data analytics to curriculum providers, teachers, students, and parents.
You will be working with Senior Development Engineers in a fast-paced technical environment and interacting with researchers and scientists to leverage the latest research in computer science and educational technology. You must be a self-starter, a team player, and a quick learner with a desire to learn new tools and techniques.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to making our workplace an awesome place to work.
- All the other things Software Engineers do
- Work closely with a research team that designs advanced AI and machine learning technologies
- Collaborate on database structures and architecture
- Rapidly design prototypes that can be evaluated for outcomes at scale
- Work in a rapid R&D environment on latest algorithms in program synthesis, machine learning, inductive reasoning, and natural language generation
Skills you need
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical or engineering degree preferred
- 3-6 years of relevant software development experience
- Strong mastery of computer science algorithms
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excitement for using agile project planning and development including continuous integration, and shared ownership of codebase
Other things that would be awesome (but not strictly required)
- Start-up experience
- Educational software experience
- Expertise with the .NET technology stack
- Expertise with machine learning
- Expertise with big data analytics and visualization techniques
- Expertise with constraint solvers, and program synthesis
- Expertise with AWS
- Expertise with SQL and noSQL databases
- DevOps experience
- SaaS and SOA
- Access to / ability to create awesome cake
Equal Opportunity Employer
Enlearn is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. Employer will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Location: Seattle, WA
Great Benefits & Work Environment!
Check out our website for more information about our benefits and the great people you will be joining.