Software Development Engineer--Entry Level
What We Do
WE LOVE CAKE! Not that it is completely relevant, but we just needed to let you know. We also love our mission of fundamentally rebuilding the world of education. (Lots of companies say that. We mean it.)
Are you interested in drastically increasing learning outcomes for underserved students? Are you interested in working collaboratively and iteratively to solve difficult technological problems?
Imagine a world in which we all have the opportunity to learn to our full potential. Now imagine working for a not-for-profit dedicated to radically improving education for every learner. That’s Enlearn! Founded by Zoran Popović, Director of UW’s Center for Game Science, Enlearn’s mission is to make a transformative impact on learning at scale by creating a research-based scalable platform that dynamically adjusts curricular content, personal incentive structures, scaffolds, and learning progressions to uniquely fit any student learning any content in any learning environment (classroom, tutoring, individual). Enlearn brings the latest work in program synthesis, machine learning, and big data analytics to curriculum providers, teachers, students, and parents.
Enlearn, is seeking a Software Development Engineer who enjoys all portions of software creation, including design, prototype, implementation, optimization, deployment, and operation. You will be working alongside Senior Software Engineers in a fast-paced technical environment. You will interact with researchers and scientists to leverage the latest research in computer science and educational technology. You must be a self-starter, a team player, and a quick learner with a desire to learn new tools and techniques.
What you’ll do
- Awesome stuff with awesome people
- Work in a rapid R&D environment on the latest algorithms in program synthesis, language design, machine learning, and inductive logic reasoning
- Rapidly design prototypes that can be evaluated for outcomes at scale
- Collaborate on architectural and algorithmic design/implementation for thorny technological and product problems
- Collaborate with an external partner and internal machine learning and education experts on design requirements
- Analyze student outcomes and adjust algorithms based on live-use metrics
- Provide operational support after delivery
- Produce documentation where necessary for partners and other developers
Skills you need
- A passion for building amazing technologies and a desire to do everything possible to be awesome at it!
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical or engineering degree preferred.
- C# experience or other object oriented languages like java or C++
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Other things that would be awesome (but not strictly required)
- .NET technology stack
- Machine learning
- Big data analytics and visualization techniques
- Constraint solvers and program synthesis
- SQL and noSQL databases
- DevOps and AWS
- SaaS and SOA
- Access to / ability to create awesome cake
Equal Opportunity Employer
Enlearn is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. Employer will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Location: Seattle, WA
Great Benefits & Work Environment!
Check out our website for more information about our benefits and the great people you will be joining.