Contract Senior UI Designer
Enlearn is a research-based non-profit startup that aims to enable any student, with any background to learn anything, by creating the learning content on the fly to fit the unique needs of each individual. We are developing groundbreaking online learning activities which focus on mathematics college readiness and preparation. We are currently seeking a Contract Senior UI Designer to help us create simple, elegant designs for our new math application, one that is professional and clear and provides a compelling experience for our users. If you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, are passionate about delivering groundbreaking products that can make a real difference in the lives of students, are an avid problem-solver and fearless in taking on new challenges, we want to talk with you!
Your role at Enlearn will be to collaborate with instructional experts, engineers, and researchers in the development of engaging, highly-interactive digital manipulatives with a primary focus on 6th-12th grade math. Your work will include:
- Developing mock-ups and prototypes to evaluate different interaction models and instructional approaches with learners.
- Defining the design style guide for a collection of learning activities, curriculum and Enlearn branding of online products.
- Rapidly Iterating on the UI and appearance design based on researcher’s findings from observed user trials, and analysis of remote use, including creating multiple approaches that will be reviewed or tested jointly in the field.
- Designing intuitive interfaces that require zero training by novices.
Required Skills & Experience
Please make sure that you absolutely have all below requirements:
- 5+ years of UI design for highly-interactive web applications such as digital manipulatives and games. Strong prior experience with highly-interactive content is a must. (please include examples in your portfolio).
- Ability to rapidly (daily) create prototypes and wireframes based on evolving constraints
- Ability to create production-ready graphic assets (please include examples of assets deployed at scale)
- Completed full-product UI designs deployed in the wild, used at scale, and optimized via usage feedback (please include examples in portfolio)
- Strong experience in designing for novices (as opposed to for domain experts).
- Realized vision and style guides on previous high-profile products (include in portfolio)
- Please submit portfolio demonstrating each of the above
Other Desirable Experience
- Educational software UI design
- Game development UI and game mechanic design
- Instructional design
- Teaching or tutoring
Location: Seattle preferred, but remote work is okay, as long as the timezone workday overlaps with PST.